A fire has destroyed a kitchen at Magwero School for the Deaf in Chipata.

Property worth thousands of Kwacha has been destroyed at Magwero School for the Deaf after the school kitchen was gutted by fire.
This is the second school kitchen to be gutted by fire in Chipata this year, with the first being the kitchen at Chizongwe Technical Secondary last month.
Magwero School for the Blind Headmistress Sara Dipa told Breeze News that an electric Pot busted around 01 hours yesterday which caused the fire.
Ms. Dipa says the fire spread to the whole kitchen and destroyed other goods but it was later controlled.
Ms. Dipa however, could not say the extent of the damage and the value of goods destroyed as she referred further questions to her colleague at the School for the Deaf who was unreachable.
And Provincial Education Officer, Allan Lingambe said he had not yet received a report on the matter.
Mr. Lingambe however, said he was going to send officers to the school to assess the situation.

Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.