A generator explosion at Eastern Comfort Lodge in Chipata leaves two people injured.

A generator explosion at Eastern Comfort Lodge in Chipata has left two people injured, with one of them seriously.
The incident happened around 14 hours yesterday when the two men, Daban Mbewe a builder and Madaliso Mvula an employee of the lodge, were testing the generator in preparation for any power interruption.
Eastern Comfort Lodge, Managing Director, Elvis Muhone told Breeze News that just when the two men wanted to start the generator, it exploded, setting fire, which also caught an air-conditioner.
In the process, Daban Mbewe suffered severe burns on the hand and leg, while his counterpart also sustained burns on the hand and face.
Mr. Muhone explained that quick action from workers, people, attending a workshop at the lodge and the Fire Brigade, prevented the fire from spreading to any building.
Daban and Madaliso were admitted to Chipata General Hospital.
Mr. Muhone said that the destroyed electrical gadgets were worth about 11 thousand Kwacha rebased.

Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.