Five people in Petauke district have died after eating poisonous wild roots locally known as Msepo.

Five people in Petauke are reported to have died while two others are battling for their lives in the district hospital after eating wild roots tubas, locally known as Msepo.
Nyakawise Ward Councilor, James Lungu says that the victims are from Chief Nyamphande’s area.
Breeze FM Correspondent, Mercy Maseko reports that, Mr. Lungu says that villagers in the area are in the habit of eating such roots during this time of the season.
Eastern Province Police Commissioner, Grace Chipalira could not be reached for comment by news time.

Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.