Property worth thousands of Kwacha destroyed after a shop was gutted by fire in Chipata’s Chimwemwe area.

Property worth thousands of Kwacha has been reduced to ashes when a fire swept through a shop in Chimwemwe area of Chipata district last night.
Chief Fire Brigade Officer, Fackson Mbewe has confirmed the incident, which happened around 22:30 hours.
Mr. Mbewe says that the shop known as Top One was gutted by fire after ZESCO restored power, which resulted in a short circuit.
He says that the fire bridged managed to control the inferno from spreading to the house, which is connected to the shop although some household goods were destroyed.
And Mr. Mbewe denied that the Fire Brigade reached the scene late, stating that the shop owners were calling the Fire Brigade emergency line using a telephone mobile network, which is connected to Lusaka.
He explained that only Zamtel and Airtel currently have a system, which is connected to the Fire Brigade and police emergency lines in Chipata.
And a Breeze FM staffer, who rushed to the scene, found people struggling to fight the inferno before the Fire Brigade moved in.

Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.