People that have settled at Chipata Forest have agreed to suspend construction works of any new buildings.
This follows a consensus between the illegal settlers and Chipata City Council at a meeting held on Monday.
Kapata Ward Councilor, Naphtali Banda has told Breeze News that the squatters agreed to wait until a plan for the area is drawn.
He says leaders representing the residents were happy with the efforts by the local authority to have the Ministry of Lands turn the Forest into a residential area.
Last week confusion ensued during a meeting when Chipata City Council director of planning, Kawonga Namenda, asked people not to put up new structures until a proper plan is developed.
The meeting abruptly ended when people became unruly, forcing Mr. Namenda to walk out of the meeting.